Eleni Ioannidou is a historian who has been working at the Historical Archives of Greek Refugees of the Municipality of Kalamaria, Thessaloniki since 1994. She received her degree in History from the Department of History and Archaeology at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Prior to her current position, she worked at the Museum for the Macedonian Struggle in Thessaloniki and the Historical Archive of Kavala Municipal Museum. To date, she has presented papers at many national and international conferences, and participated in numerous workshops. She has had work published in a number of historical journals and has contributed chapters to books. She has undertaken the scientific editing for the publication of books on the contemporary history of Thessaloniki. In addition, she has been involved in the organisation of workshops, conferences, exhibitions, events and educational programmes and has been head of several research programmes. Her research interests include Greek refugees of the 20th century, the refugee resettlement in Thessaloniki and Northern Greece, social history and oral history.
- Eleni Ioannidou, Hose Rodriguez (ed.), Kalamaria in the interwar period (1920-1940). Refugees and the new homeland, University Studio Press – Historical Archive of Greek Refugees, Thessaloniki 1998
- Eleni Ioannidou, Theodosis Tsironis (ed.), Kalamaria makes its history. (1940-1967). From survival to development, Historical Archive of Greek Refugees, Thessaloniki 2004.
- Eleni Ioannidou (ed.), The transformation of Thessaloniki. Refugee settlement in the city (1920-1940), Proceedings of Conference, Epikentro – Historical Archive of Greek Refugees, Thessaloniki 2008.
- Eleni Ioannidou, “The refugee settlement in Northen Greece”, Modern Greek History 1910-1940, v. 12, Domi, Athens 2006.
- Eleni Ioannidou, Maria Kavala, “Relief and resettlement of refugees in interwar Thessaloniki. Action taken by nongovernment organisations” Theoretical and Empirical Research. Proceedings of the International Conference on Economic and Social History, 2012.
- Eleni Ioannidou, Maria Kavala, «…I was just ten years old and I went to work…» Child labour among Asia Minor refugees in Thessaloniki during the first decade of settlement (1922 – 1932), Proceedings of the 16th International Conference of International Oral History Organisation “Between Past and Future”, Prague 2010.
Member of organizing committee for the following conferences:
- Greece in the 1940s. A critical evaluation: historiographical discourse, methodological proposals, fields of research”- Scientific Conference of the Network for the Study of the Civil War
- Thessaloniki, the capital of refugees”. Refugees in the city from 1912 to today. – 1st Scientific Conference of the Historical Archive of Greek Refugees (IAPE)
- Rethinking History From the Grassroots” – 3rd International Oral History Conference of the Hellenic Oral History Association
- “The Hellenism of Constantinople after the Population Exchange (1923-2016). – 2nd Scientific Conference of the Historical Archive of Greek Refugees (IAPE)
“Routes of escape, exile and extermination of Pontic Hellenism through oral narratives”.