Kyriakos Chatzikyriakidis graduated from the School of History and Archaeology (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki/AUTh) in 1995, and received both his MA and his Ph.D. from the Department of Modern and Contemporary History of the same School in 1998 and 2005 respectively. In the academic years 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 he was a visiting Lecturer at the Department of History and Archaeology, University of Cyprus. He currently serves as Assistant Professor (Chair of Pontic Studies, financed by the Charitable Foundation of Ivan Savvidis) at the School of History and Archaeology, Faculty of Philosophy AUTh.
His research interests lie mainly in the area of economic and social history of the Greeks of Anatolia and Cyprus (19th-early 20th c.), and the refugee settlement of the Greeks of Pontus and Asia Minor in Greece after the Lausanne Treaty (1923).
Selected publications (books and articles):
The “Eldorado” of the East. The penetration of European companies in the Mines of Asia Minor (1861-1923), Thessaloniki 2008,
“On the Early U.S. Interest in Cyprus: the Annual Report (1863) by Consul J. Judson Barclay”, Modern Greek Studies Yearbook, 26/27 (2010/2011), 39-56,
The “Leper Farm” in Cyprus. The British Policy and the Fate of Patients (1878-1930), Thessaloniki 2014.